The Nit + Grit
By entering for a Virgin Active Warrior Race, you comply to all the following Rules & Regulations as well as the Terms & Conditions listed below.
Terms and Conditions
By entering and participating in this race you automatically accept this indemnity:
I understand what the Warrior Race is all about. I acknowledge that I will climb over obstacles and structures, jump off heights, swim in muddy water, and crawl or run over rough terrain.
I understand that I will be participating in an event that is an inherently dangerous activity.
I understand that participating in the Event involves the risks of severe physical injury and/or death that cannot be completely eliminated.
I confirm that I can swim and that I am comfortable in water, even if I can’t see the bottom.
I understand that I am under no obligation to complete every obstacle. I can at any time choose not to do an obstacle and perform burpees instead. Even if a participant cannot do burpees the participant is still not obliged/forced to complete the obstacle. If I deem an obstacle too dangerous, high, challenging, deep or scary it is my responsibility to refrain from doing the obstacle. I understand further that in a situation where I do not complete an obstacle or do the required burpees I cannot be in contention for the win.
I voluntarily, knowingly and freely assume all risks associated with competing in the Warrior event, including, but not limited to, my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others (including participants, staff or spectators).
I undertake to participate entirely at my own risk. I agree that I shall have no claims whatsoever against the organising body, any individuals, organiser or official, marshal, assistant, helper or agent, the sponsors, local authority or landowners, in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever, which I may suffer. This includes any injury to my person or loss or damage to property as a result of, or arising out of, whether directly or indirectly, my participation in this event, including my arrival and departure therefrom and attendance of any ceremony and function thereof, however such loss or damage may arise and regardless of whether or not same shall have been caused directly or indirectly by negligence, of one or more or all of the aforementioned parties.
In the event of my approval of this form as a guardian of a minor, I hereby consent to such minor being bound by the foregoing and further, I indemnify the aforementioned parties to the extent, if any, to which such minor is not capable of waiving his rights as stipulated within.
1. RULES AND REGULATIONS
- I agree to obey all the rules and warnings of the organisers, marshals or governing body and furthermore agree to subject themselves to any drug tests and penalties provided for therein.
- I agree to abide by any decisions made by the event organiser or official.
- I understand that the Event course may contain wild animals, insects and plants.
- I certify that I am physically fit and have no medical condition that would make participation in the Event more hazardous.
- I understand, agree and accept that some of the course may go through water that has not been tested for chemicals, disease or contamination.
- I agree not to consume alcohol prior to the Event or use any medicines or substances that will inhibit my mental or physical ability to safely and effectively participate in the Event.
- I consent to medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to me, volunteers or medical professionals may deem appropriate and understand that this Waiver & Release extends to any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency and/or injury.
- The organiser may dismiss me, without refund, should my behaviour endanger the safety of or negatively affect the Event, person, facility or property. I also agree to indemnify The organiser, its owners, officers, past and present employees, agents and Event sponsors from any and all third party claims caused in whole or in partly by my negligent or intentional acts or omissions.
3. LIABILITY AND REFUND POLICY
- I agree that the organiser and / venue is not responsible for any personal items or property that is lost, damaged or stolen at the Event.
I consent to the use of my image in photographs, motion pictures or recordings taken at the Event for use in Event advertising, marketing or promotion without compensation.
I agree that all entry fee payments are final and non-refundable.
- I agree that the organiser reserves the right to cancel the Event in the event of extreme weather (including, but not limited to, heat, tornadoes, earthquakes, fires, storms, lightning and floods), accidents, acts of war or terrorism, military conflicts or riots, pandemic or endemic outbreaks or for any reason that, in organiser’s discretion, will protect the safety and security of Event participants and spectators. In the event of such cancellation, there will be no refund of my registration fee.
- I represent and warrant to the organiser that I have full legal authority to complete this event registration on behalf of myself and/or any person I am registering (Registrant(s)), including full authority to make use of the credit or debit card to which registration fees will be charged.
- If I am registering a minor under the age of 18, I represent and warrant that I am the parent or legal guardian of that person and have the legal authority to enter into this Agreement on their behalf. By proceeding with this event registration, I agree that the terms of this Agreement shall apply equally to all Registrants.
- Use of the online registration is at my own risk, on an as-is and as available basis and the organiser makes no warranty that its site or services will be uninterrupted, secure or error-free. I understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained using online registration, is at my own discretion and risk.
4. PERSONAL DATA
- I agree to receive periodical email and SMS notifications from the organizing body communicating necessary event information and arrangements.
- I agree that my personal data may be shared with event sponsors or partners and associated events, who may communicate with me via email communication.
RULES and REGULATIONS
- No participant may practice the route or any obstacle before the start of the race.
- All team members must complete all obstacles.
- Team members must finish within 1 minute of each other.
- If a participant cannot or wishes not to attempt an obstacle he/she will have to do burpees as required by the relevant obstacle’s rules. The number of burpees will vary depending on the obstacle.
- Black-Ops/Commando/Rookie Elite athletes will have to complete all obstacles. If the athlete does not complete an obstacle, he/she will not be able to qualify for a podium position or prize money. PLEASE NOTE: No assistance of any nature will be allowed for Elite athletes. Participants will not be allowed to assist each other. No assistance from spectators or marshals will be permitted.
- For Black-Ops and Commando athletes a 5km/h running pace cut-off can be implemented at the route split.
- If one or more team members do not finish the race due to injury, the team may still qualify for an official finishing time.
- Teams or solo participants that do not abide by the rules will be disqualified and will not come in contention for prizes and will also not receive a finishing time.
- No cool boxes or cool bags will be allowed into the venue. There will be plenty of food and drinks for sale as well as a super beer garden. Also, no braais are allowed in the venue.
- No alcohol, drinks, food, drugs, firearms or any dangerous weapons will be allowed into the venue.
- Unfortunately, no pets will be allowed.
- You may bring your own chairs.
- Spectators must stay on the designated spectator routes. Wherever they cross the course they must take extra care not to obstruct any of the participants. Spectators must obey all rules and instructions from marshalls at the obstacles. This is for their own safety and the safety of the participants.