FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Still not sure about some of the information, they might get answered here. If something is still unclear, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
ENTRIES & REGISTRATION
HOW DO I ENTER AND PAY FOR THE WARRIOR RACE?
All entries must be done online.The entry system (www.jumpertrax.com) will provide you with two payment options at the end of registration process: INSTANT EFT or CREDIT CARD.Payment must be done within 48hrs of making the bookings to secure entry.Any payment queries can be directed to email@example.com
CAN I ENTER AND PAY ON RACE DAY?
Unless otherwise stated on the event page, we will NOT accept entries or payment for entries on race day, except for the Warrior Kids Races.All Warrior Kids Races can be entered and paid for on race day at the Kiddies registration gazebo (separate to main registration).
IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO A SUBSTITUTION AND HOW DO I DO THIS?
You can do the substitution online once you have logged into your profile on www.saseeding.org
- Click on “My Profile” and then on “My Orders”
- Then click “Manage”
- Then click “Change Booking”
- Add the person as a Friend (if they are not already listed)
- Click on the person’s name you would like to substitute.
- It will take you their profile and you will see the substitute option.
- A R50 admin fee will be charged for this change.
WHERE CAN I BUY THE TIMING CHIP IF I FORGOT TO BUY ONE DURING THE ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS?
You can purchase the timing chip at Participant registration on race day for R 60 cash, or online as you register for a race on www.jumpertrax.com
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT TIMING CHIP?
The Warrior Race will be timed using the blue/pink timing armbands from SA Seeding. Racetec, Champion Chip and other timing devices will not work.
CAN I ENTER THE RACE IF I DO NOT HAVE MEDICAL AID?
Yes you can still enter if you don’t have medical aid.
WHAT TIME DOES THE RACE START?
- You can choose your own start time/batch during the registration process on a first come, first serve basis
- If no earlier start time is available, it is due to earlier batches already being full
- batches only have a certain number of participants to avoid bottlenecks on the route
- please at registration at least 1.5 hours before your batch starts
WHAT HAPPENS IF I CAN’T DO AN OBSTACLE?
Participants may skip an obstacle if they feel that they cannot do it/don’t want to do it. There is a burpee penalty if you do this.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE RACE RESULTS?
Live race results can be found at www.jumpertrax.com results will also be on the Warrior website after the event
WHERE CAN I FIND THE RACE PHOTOGRAPHS?
Official media images will be loaded on our Warrior Facebook page
WHAT DO I DO AFTER I HAVE REGISTERED AND PAID ONLINE?
- Please wait for an email from jumpertrax.com – your start time, batch and registration will be confirmed
- Race Day Registration: Register at least 1.5 hrs before the start of your batch
- You do not need to bring anything with to registration other than your South African ID number/passport number (just the number – not the book!)
- You can bring your proof of payment with for peace of mind
- If you already have blue/pink SASeeding Chip you DO NOT need to attend registration on race day. You can proceed to TAP&GO and then to the race start
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOLO AND ELITE CATEGORIES?
Rookie ELITE, Commando ELITE and Black-Ops ELITE are the solo, competitive batches in which participant race to win prizes. All obstacles have to be completed in order to not be disqualified. There is only one time slot for each of these categories:
RACE DAY QUERIES
ARE THERE SHOWERS AT THE VENUE?
Yes, with an open air clean-up zone will be available where you can wash off most of the mud. Men’s and Ladies dressing rooms will also be available. Please note that this is a rinse-off zone so please be considerate by not spending too much time in the showers. *Please note that showers are not al all Warrior Race Events.
IS THERE A SPECTATOR ENTRY FEE?
Yes. Spectator fee is R30 for all non-participating adults and children (Children under 3 years have free access). The Spectator pass can be purchased on race day at the entrance at the Spectator pay-point.
CAN I BRING MY OWN GAZEBO?
Gazebos will not be permitted unless you are an official exhibitor with prior permission from Warrior Management.
For exhibitor queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A secure, managed safekeeping facility will be available to participants on a first-come-first-serve basis at R30. Please note that we take absolutely no responsibility for any items or belongings at the event that are not booked into the locker zone. You can leave your keys, wallets, cell phones and tog bags with us for safekeeping. Regrettably, children and grandparents cannot be left with us.
BEER & FOOD ZONE
Beer garden with music and entertainment. Great variety of food and drink stands to cater for all tastes.
*Please note that no one is allowed to bring own food and drinks into the venue.
The official Warrior gear will be on sale at the Warrior Gear stall. Stock is limited and available on a first come first serve basis.
SAFETY & SECURITY
There will be security guards in and around the race village and parking area for general security and safety. Please note that we will NOT be responsible for the security of any personal belongings and items. It will be your own responsibility to look after your personal items or alternatively book it in at our secure locker zone (see above). Also please make sure that you don’t leave any valuables on the seats of your car or at any other clearly visible place in your car. Please hide it away in the boot or under the seats just to make sure you don’t tempt any potential “thieves”.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN BE IN A TEAM?
Teams can consist of anything between 2 – 8 members (2 minimum and 8 maximum). But you can have as many teams as you like. For example: If you have 10 people who would like to all start and race together, you can enter two teams of 5 people each.
HOW CAN I ENSURE THAT ALL MY TEAMMATES START AT THE SAME TIME?
One person can create the team and enter your friends.
- If you have more than 8 people, you will need to create two or more teams (teams can consist of a minimum of 2 and maximum of 8)
- Make sure that you select the same starting time/batch when creating the team(s)
- Make sure that the team name is the same but add a numeral to it. For example: Muddy Warriors 1 and Muddy Warriors 2
- If you raced together in past, we’ll batch you together where possible
CAN YOU ADD AN EXTRA TEAM MEMBER AFTER YOU HAVE REGISTERED YOUR TEAM?
You can add more members at a later stage – as long as entries for the event are not sold out. Please note that teams can consist of a maximum of 8 people. But you can enter as many teams as you’d like.
DOES EVERY PERSON IN A TEAM REQUIRE A TIMING CHIP?
Yes, the SA Seeding timing chip is compulsory for all Warrior Race participants. Chips can be bought online with your entry or on the day at R60.
- Warrior Kids race participants DO NOT require a timing chip.
- The timing chip is a once-off purchase. Once you have your timing chip, you can use it at all future Warrior races.
- You can purchase it online when you enter or at registration on race day.
WHO CAN ENTER A COMPANY FOR TEAM BUILDING?
Anyone can enter the employees and families into the race.
WHAT IS IT?
A 500m short course with 10 obstacles
WHEN IS IT?
The short course race will be timed for all participants on race day/s
WHO CAN DO IT?
- Any one! You don’t have to be entered for the Warrior race to take part in the Reebok Sprint Race
- You can choose to race as an individual race against the clock or as a team event with 3 athletes/members in a team
HOW CAN I DO IT?
- You need a Warrior timing chip to take part
- Entries are only available on race day on a first-come-first-serve basis (No pre entries)
CAN I WIN IT?
- There is a competitive element for those who want to take part and qualify for the prize money
- Qualifying runs take place throughout Saturday and Sunday mornings
- Great prize money as well as prize money sponsored by Key Health
- Short course prize giving takes place on the Sunday in conjunction with the main race prize giving