Terms and Conditions
Competitions and general terms and conditions for Toyota Warrior Race.
Multiply Adventure Challenge 2019
Please read the following participant waiver and agreement carefully, as it will affect your future legal rights
1. I acknowledge and agree that MMI Holdings Limited (“MMI”) and any of its subsidiaries shall accept no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage to myself, my dependants or my property (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential), which may be suffered or which may be attributable from any cause arising, that I may sustain as a result of me voluntarily attending and participating in the Multiply Adventure Challenge (“the Event”).
2. I understand that I will be participating in an Event that is an inherently strenuous activity.
3. I understand that participating in the Event involves the risks such as but not limited to physical injury and/or death that cannot be completely eliminated.
4. I also understand and appreciate fully that there may be risks involved (but not limited to medical and health risks including, my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others including other participants, staff or spectators); that I voluntarily, knowingly and freely assume the risk inherent in attending and participating in any of the activities made available at the Event.
5. I acknowledge and agree that MMI and any of its subsidiaries will not be held liable or responsible for any health problems or conditions that I may suffer by engaging in any of the activities at the Event.
6. I undertake to participate entirely at my own risk. I agree that I shall have no claims whatsoever against the organising body, any individuals, organiser or official, marshal, assistant, helper or agent, the sponsors, local authority or land owners, in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever, which I may suffer. This includes any injury to my person or loss or damage to property as a result of, or arising out of, whether directly or indirectly, my participation in this event, including my arrival and departure there from and attendance of any ceremony and function thereof, however such loss or damage may arise and regardless of whether or not same shall have been caused directly or indirectly by negligence, of one or more or all of the aforementioned parties.
7. In the event of my approval of these terms and conditions as a guardian of a minor, I hereby consent to such minor being bound by the foregoing and further I indemnify MMI and the aforementioned parties to the extent, if any, to which such minor is not capable of waiving his rights as stipulated within.
- In the event of my approval of these terms and conditions for my adult and child dependants, I hereby consent to such dependants being bound by the foregoing and further indemnify MMI and the aforementioned parties to the extent, if any, to which such dependants are not capable of waiving their rights as stipulated within.
- I agree to obey all the rules and warnings of the organisers, marshals or governing body and furthermore agree to subject myself to any drug tests and penalties provided for therein.
- I agree to abide by any decisions made by the Event organiser or official.
- I understand that the Event course may contain wild animals, insects and plants.
- I understand, agree and accept that some of the course may go through water that has not been tested for chemicals, disease or contamination.
- I certify that I am physically fit and have no medical condition that would make participation in the Event more hazardous.
- I acknowledge and understand that I will take all necessary preventative measures including medication and adherence thereto is my own responsibility.
- I agree not to consume alcohol prior to or during the Event or use any medication or substances that will inhibit my mental or physical ability to safely and effectively participate in the Event.
- I consent to medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to me, volunteers or medical professionals may deem appropriate and understand that this Waiver & Release extends to any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency and/or injury.
- MMI may suspend my participation in the Event, without refund, should my behaviour negatively impact the Event, endanger the safety of any other person, or cause damage to any facilities or property at the Event. I also agree to indemnify MMI, the organiser, its owners, officers, past and present employees, agents and Event sponsors from any and all third party claims caused in whole or in partly by my negligent or intentional acts or omissions.
- I agree that the organiser/venue is not responsible for any personal items or property that is lost, damaged or stolen at the Event.
- I consent to the use of my image in photographs, motion pictures or recordings taken at the Event for use in Event advertising, marketing or promotion without compensation.
- I agree that all entry fee payments are final and non-refundable.
- I agree that the organiser reserves the right to cancel the Event in the event of extreme weather (including, but not limited to, heat, tornadoes, earthquakes, fires, storms, lightning and floods), accidents, acts of war or terrorism, military conflicts or riots or for any reason that, in organiser’s discretion, will protect the safety and security of Event participants and spectators. In the event of such cancellation, there will be no refund of my registration fee.
- I represent and warrant to organiser that I have full legal authority to complete this Event registration on behalf of myself and/or any person I am registering (Registrant(s)), including full authority to make use of the credit or debit card to which registration fees will be charged. If I am registering a minor under the age of 18, I represent and warrant that I am the parent or legal guardian of that minor and have the legal authority to enter into this Agreement on their behalf and by proceeding with this Event registration, I agree that the terms of this Agreement shall apply equally to all Registrants.
- I agree that any personal information I provide on behalf of myself or any of the Registrants may be shared with third parties for the purposes of my and the other Registrants’ participation in the Event.
- I hereby indemnify MMI and its subsidiaries and all its employees to hold them jointly and severably harmless against all liability whatsoever resulting from the above-mentioned activities and my participation in the Event, whether against myself, my estate or any other person.
- Use of online registration is at my own risk, and the organiser makes no warranty that its site or services will be uninterrupted, secure or error free. I understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of online registration, is at my own discretion and risk.
- I agree to receive periodical email and SMS notifications from the organiser communicating necessary Event information and arrangements.
- I agree that my personal information may be shared with event sponsors or partners and subsidiary companies, who may communicate with me via email communication about any details relating to my participation in the Event.
*Please ensure that you only use valid ID numbers for registration.
Competition Rules | #WarPaint Challenge
Competition Rules for Toyota Warrior #WarPaint Competition from 29 March 2019 – 23 April 2019
The Competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 18 (eighteen) years in possession of a valid South African Identity Document or a valid Passport.
The Competition is only valid within South Africa. Participants must be within South Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a Winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
The Competition commences on 29 March 2019 – 23 April 2019
Winner announced on 23 April 2019.
The prize includes the following:
- Two round trip airfare tickets to King Shaka International Airport on 20 July 2019 (arrival) to 21 July 2019 (departure)
- Two entries to the SA OCR Championships on 21 July 2019 for any race category
- To enter for the competition the participant must be older than 18 years old.
- Submit your photo on our social media pages by tagging us into the post. @thewarriorrace and #WarPaint
- The best photos will be loaded onto the Toyota Warrior website by 08 April 2019, where you will be able to vote for the best dressed or painted photo.
- One vote per IP address is allowed.
- Winners announced 23 April 2019 via social media channels.
The Nitty Gritty
Flights are only valid from Lanseria Airport or OR Tambo International airport to King Shaka International Airport. Should you already be residing in Durban, you will only receive the entries. Any other province residents should travel to Gauteng to receive the prize. Accommodation, food and other transport is not included.
The prizes are non–transferable and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
The entries are valid for any of the race categories within the SA OCR Championships on Sunday, 21 July 2019.
Entries that are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or from Disqualified Persons will be declared invalid.
All entrants that engage with the promotion information will not be shared with any third parties and are strictly kept with Warrior Race.
All queries in connection with the competition should be directed to Warrior Race at email@example.com